Corona – Benefits for US Citizens (updated)

On March 27, 2020 the president signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARE). The unprecedented act funds two trillion dollars of spending in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic and resultant economic hardships. 500 billion dollars of this spending will be distributed directly to American citizens in the coming weeks.Summary […]

ID Verification – What to Expect

tax id identification

The other day a client came to the office so that Steve could assist him as he called the IRS in response to letter 5447C request for identification verification. The client’s English was weak, and his familiarity with IRS bureaucracy was even weaker, so he wanted some support as he made the call. Here’s a […]

Something Olde, Something New – Your Wedding and the Tax Code

You’re married, mazal tov! The business of matrimony, however, involves more than romance, a fancy wedding cake and the honey moon. Along with other practical considerations, your nuptials have an impact on your tax status. For normal taxpayers that reside in the United States, the filing options are either married filing jointly or married filing […]

2018 Voluntary Disclosure (Israel)

From our Israeli colleagues at Angel and Angel —————————————- 12-December-2017  Dear Colleagues and Clients, On December 12, 2017, the Israeli Tax Authority published a temporary order concerning requests for voluntary disclosure and is effective until December 31, 2019. These exclude anonymous track requests, which will remain in effect until December 31, 2018. General background From […]

Self Employment Tax 101

In the United States, the federal tax authorities put almost no bureaucratic barriers to an enterprising person that wants to set up his own instant business. For instance, consider a lawn mowing service. Perhaps you have a lawnmower and a truck. You put out some ads and distribute some flyers and soon enough you have […]

Social Security for Expatriates

How old were you when you picked up and moved over yonder to your new host country? Were you working in the US previously? Don’t overlook low paying part-time and summer jobs. Why should you care? The answer is that you very well might have earned social security credits and these credits count towards a […]

Tax documents required, International

Most U.S. citizens and green card holders are required to file an annual form 1040 (tax assessment) and Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR / Fincen Report 114) statements. Documents required for the annual 1040 tax assessment report: Annual salary summary for salaried employees Tax assessment filing from your local country Self employment ; submit your income […]